Accrington Stanley Football Club have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join the Accrington Stanley Academy (Category 3) as Player Care Lead.
The accountabilities of the Player Care Lead shall include:
- Devise and implement an induction and transition strategy, including provision for when players join or leave the Academy, transition through age-groups and enter into loan arrangements.
- Be responsible for the management and delivery of the personal development and life skills plans for Academy players in addition to other aspects of the club's duty of care, including mental and emotional wellbeing of Academy players and young professionals.
- Support the Head of Recruitment with the organisation, management and delivery of the club's policies and procedures for the recruitment of Academy players from U8-18.
- Ensure all necessary administation is completed for all players, including triallists, newly registered players and exiting players.
- Safely and properly induct new players to the Academy, catering for their individual and specific needs.
- Safely and properfuly support the exit of players from the Academy, following the Academy After Care Package.
- Ensure necessary recruitment reports are completed for internal and external players.
- Work with relevant staff, including the Head of Recruitment, to create video and data reports on identified players to be presented to the Football Operations Team and other relevant staff.
- Monitor identified external players and internally recruited players and report on their progress on a regular basis, attending scheduled meetings as required.
- Attend the Academy training and games programme and other games, tournaments and festivals as necessary.
To read the full job description, please follow the link below:
Interviews will be held at a date to be confirmed.
Only those invited to interview will receive return notification from Accrington Stanley Football Club.
Accrington Stanley is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, and promoting based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria.
We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accrington Stanley Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role involves the supervision of and working with children and young people. The role will require CRC check through the DBS and clearance for work in football by the FA. As the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Accrington Stanley Football Club's commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender assignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion, ability or disability, pregnancy or maternity and to encourage equal opportunities (Protected Characteristics, Equality Act 2010).
Employees of Accrington Stanley Football Club must ensure a positive commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusion by treating others fairly and not committing any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.