Accrington Stanley Football Club have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and driven individual to join the club as Events Manager.
With the new Hospitality and Bar development set to be operational towards the end of the year, the Events Manager will oversee and manage all the venue's operations and staffing.
They will also help to plan and organise promotional business, and social events. They will be responsible for running a range of events, ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly as all events will play a huge part in the success of the venue and the club.
The Events Manager will organise all matchday and non-matchday events, including but not limited to conferences, seminars and exhibitions, as well as parties and corporate gatherings.
They will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event, post-event reinstatement of the facilities and carrying out the post-event evaluation.
The Events Manager will also be responsible for employing and fully managing all the venue's service team, bar staff, caterers and cleaners.
The role is primarily hands-on and will involve working as part of a team.
Key responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire.
- Manage and co-ordinate suppliers and all event logistics (such as venue, catering and travel).
- Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote the event.
- Manage all pre-event planning, organising guest speakers and delegate packs.
- Co-ordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget.
- Manage a team of staff, giving full briefings.
- Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media.
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed.
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently.
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- Research opportunities for new clients and events.
The candidate will need to be flexible, working in a hospitality environment, to the needs of the business and in attendance to supervise functions/events.
The salary package will be dependent on experience.
To read the full job description, please follow the link below:
If you have the aspiration, drive, and experience to join an ambitious new venture at Accrington Stanley Football Club, please email your CV and a detailed covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in early August at a date to be confirmed.
Only those invited to interview will receive return notification from Accrington Stanley Football Club.
Accrington Stanley is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, and promoting based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria.
We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Accrington Stanley Football Club's commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender assignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion, ability or disability, pregnancy or maternity and to encourage equal opportunities (Protected Characteristics, Equality Act 2010).
Employees of Accrington Stanley Football Club must ensure a positive commitment towards equality, diversity and inclusion by treating others fairly and not committing any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.