Accrington Stanley season tickets and 'COVID-19 cards' can be collected from the club shop from Monday 5th October, with further details explained in the update below.
It was disappointing that the pilot event to allow 1,000 fans into the Wham Stadium on Saturday 26th September against Oxford United was postponed by the authorities as the club had fully prepared and had set up to welcome up to 1,000 season ticket holders, all socially distanced standing and seated in their temporary COVID-19 card seats.
We think the club would have held a successful event, and along with the help and support of the fans, would have shown the relevant authorities that we were ready to allow fans back into the Wham Stadium under the current strict COVID-19 guidelines.
With no review date on the table to allow fans back into stadia at the moment, the support of the Stanley faithful through their purchase of season tickets, retail products and subscription to the EFL iFollow streaming platform has been fantastic and the heartfelt thanks of the club go out to everyone who continues to pledge their support through the pandemic and the financial difficulties that it brings.
We have been asked by new season ticket holders about the collection of their season ticket cards even though they currently are not allowed to attend games.
From Monday 5th October, the following can be collected from the club offices during normal office hours:
- New season ticket cards for first time purchasers
- Existing season ticket holders who have ordered a replacement for a lost or amended season ticket card
- Collection of the temporary co-ordinated 'COVID-19 seat card' for all (new and existing) season ticket holders in the HML Recycling Stand (Main Stand) and the Studio.com Stand (Whinney Hill Stand). As the club have stated on several previous updates, these seats are temporary and as soon as the restrictions are lifted, season ticket holders will be able to return to the seats printed on their season ticket card.
- Season ticket holders in the Farleys Solicitors Stand (Clayton End) and the Coppice Stand can also call in and collect their colour co-ordinated 'COVID-19 standing card', which details the stand they have been allocated during the COVID-19 restrictions. As the club have stated on several previous updates, these stand allocations are temporary and as soon as the restrictions are lifted, all standing season ticket holders will be able to return to the Farleys Solicitors Stand (Clayton End) as printed on their season ticket card.
Please note: Current season ticket holders were requested to retain their season ticket card from the 2019/20 season - as soon as the restrictions on allowing fans back into the Wham Stadium are lifted, all remaining 2020/21 season games will be loaded remotely onto the season ticket card.
There is no time limit or urgency to collect any of the above but when you do, please bring in your purchase receipt and kindly observe the mask wearing and social distancing rules required for entry into the club retail shop. This is for your safety and that of the club staff.
- Why are the 'COVID-19 cards' colour co-ordinated? So that the match day stewards can see which stand your season ticket has been allocated to and to make sure the club do not break the COVID-19 rules by allowing more than the allocated number into each stand for social distancing reasons.
- My 'COVID-19 card' seat isn't anywhere near to where my usual season ticket seat is? Due to the strict social distancing rules, only 33% of the normal capacity is allowed into each stand. These seats, although not ideal, were the only option the club had to be able to get fans back into the stadium. They are temporary until all capacity restrictions are lifted - you will then be able to return to your normal season ticket seat.
- Upon collection can I go into the ground and look where my 'COVID-19 card' seat is for when I'm allowed back into the stadium to watch games? Unfortunately due to the Operational Policy the club has had to put in place to allow games to go ahead behind closed doors, only essential personnel are allowed into the stadium.
- Can I change stands or move seats? Initially you will need to occupy the 'COVID-19 card' seat that you have been allocated and remain in the stand to which you have been allocated until the capacity restrictions are lifted.
As stated at the beginning of this update, there has been no date identified for the return of fans into football stadia.
Your support has been fantastic over the summer months and into the new season.
The restrictions the club has had to put in are not of its own doing and we thank you in advance for understanding the need for the temporary changes and the disruption that has been forced upon the Stanley fans.
Please help the club through the next phase when fans are allowed back into the stadium by reading and following the Code of Conduct posters around the ground and being patient with the office staff as they work through the temporary changes with you.