We have an exciting opportunity for a confident and ambitious Media and Press Officer to join the communication team at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
This role will act as the official representative for the club, handling all matters relating to the media and press providing effective internal and external communication activities.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience working in communications, PR or journalist's role preferably gained within a football media environment.
Candidates must have strong written, design and verbal communication skills and have the ability to act as a spokesperson for the club.
This is a full-time role and you must be available to work all home and away matches throughout the year and any additional hours as required. A passion for football and an understanding of the game is essential to the role.
The key responsibilities include:
- To act as an official representative of the club, to handle all matters relating to the media, developing good working relationships with them.
- To be responsible for enquiries from the press or other media representatives.
- To organise and oversee press conferences, media events and promotional activities.
- Arranging press accreditation.
- Lead on all pre and post-match media interviews.
- Generating content for the website and programme
- Editing match day programme
- Write on-the-whistle for club website, social media coverage on matchdays
- Coordinating player's photo opportunities, media events and promotional activities.
- Monitoring social media platforms, observing and reporting on social, economic and political trends which may affect the club.
- Lead in writing and distributing club statements, press releases and news reports about the club.
- Developing media contacts and PR activities.
- Collating and monitoring media coverage with recommendations on future optimisation.
- Keeping up-to-date with all media issues that affect the club.
- Assisting in generating ideas to gain more media coverage.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about the opportunity to further your career in communications, please send your CV and covering letter either electronically by email (preferred option) to David Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to;
Accrington Stanley FC
The Wham Stadium
Please mark the envelope P&C (Media and Press Officer Vacancy)
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 19th April 2019.Deadline: Noon – Friday 19th April 2019
Hours Full Time
The position is open for an immediate start to the right candidate.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted by the club – unfortunately we cannot reply to every application.
Accrington Stanley FC is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community