Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Woking 0 Stanley 3

4 December 2016

Club News

Woking 0 Stanley 3

4 December 2016

Stanley are in the hat for the Emirates FA Cup third round draw on Monday after victory over 10-man Woking.

Billy Kee scored a first half double against the Conference National side with John O'Sullivan adding a third after the break as Kingfield once more proved a happy hunting ground – it was where Stanley won promotion to the Football League in 2006.

The turning point of the game, however, was the sending off of Woking midfielder Charlie Carter in the 35th minute for a high challenge on captain Seamus Conneely- and the Reds, already leading 1-0, took control after that.

John Coleman's side suffered a setback in the warm-up when substitute goalkeeper Elliot Parish limped off although he was strapped up and resumed his spot on the bench.

It looked like Woking would upset the Reds in the third minute when Chigozie Ugwu sent Dennon Lewis clean through but the frontman scuffed his effort wide.

Chances were limited for both sides with Paddy Lacey's 20 yard free kick not far off while Stanley needed a Matty Pearson a last ditch tackle to deny main threat Ugwu, who had scored nine goals in his previous six games, a clean shot on goal.

It was an even game with both sides enjoying spells of pressure and Stanley upped their game around the 25 minute mark, ending with Jordan Clark's fierce strike caught by Brandon Hall.

The Reds took the lead on 33 minutes from a throw in when Pearson's ball into the area wasn't cleared and Kee pounced to fire home his sixth goal of the season.

And one minute later Woking were down to ten men when Carter's late challenge on Conneely in the Stanley area led to the referee Nicholas Kinseley showing a red card to the midfielder.

O'Sullivan missed a great chance to make it two moments later by firing across the goal when clean through but Kee didn't waste his next opportunity on 42 minutes. A low cross by Pearson found the striker who fired home at the near post.

Kee could have had a third after the re-start when he turned in the area but keeper Hall's legs denied him.

However it was three on 61 minutes when Jordan Clark's left wing cross found Blackburn loan winger O'Sullivan in the area and his header found the top of the net.

Scott Brown wasn't far off a fourth with a long range strike and sub Rommy Boco also fired wide in a decent position while fellow sub Terry Gornell came close in the final minute.

Stanley once more left Woking with happy memories and wait to see who they draw in the third round.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account