Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Sports Tutor (BTEC L2) and Coach.
- Title: Sports Tutor and Coach
- Salary: £15,000 (Full Time, Plus bonuses, pension scheme and expenses)
- Type of Contract: Full Time (1 year in the first instance with a view to a permanent post)
- Reporting to: Community Manager
- Location: Accrington Stanley Community Trust Offices
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
- Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Provide quality teaching and learning for BTEC Level 2 sport students enrolled onto the Football Education Scholarship programme. The role will require delivery on both the education and practical side of the course. The role will include regular liaison with parents and guardians of the students on the course as well as the relevant departments within Accrington Stanley Football Club.
This role also involves the recruitment of future students, attendance at training days and meetings set up by any partner organisations related to this scholarship programme.
There is also an expectation that the Sports Tutor is qualified to degree level in a sport related theme.
There is a requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence with business insurance as travelling across East Lancashire and other areas will be part of this role.
8.1 To undertake a lead role in the delivery of a BTEC L2 qualification on our Football Education Scholarship programme.
8.2 To develop links with key organisations such as schools and local grassroots clubs to aid ASCT in its recruitment process for future students.
8.3 To deliver aspects of coaching/training within the programme itself.
8.4 To assist at matches that the teams will be participating in as part of the course.
8.5 To deliver all aspects of the education part of the programme ensuring that all students are up to date with their work and have all the required information to gain the best grades possible. This will involve marking the students work and liaising with the educational authorities assigned to this programme.
8.6 To feedback to the Community Manager in interviewing, screening and recruiting of any potential new student.
8.7 To support the Community Manager on any new or existing projects when required.
8.8 To organise and deliver open evening events and school assemblies which will aid you in the recruitment and advertising of the programme.
8.9 To liaise with the Sport Development Officer on activities that ASCT are running which can be used for work experience opportunities for students on the programme.
8.10 To attend meetings and CPD events when required to by the Community Manager.
8.11 To promote the Football Education Scholarship programme and increase awareness in both schools and junior football.
- Person Specification
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge and understanding of the BTEC Level 2 in Sport programme.
- Educated to Degree standard.
- In date child protection certificate (or willingness to update asap).
- Full UK Driving Licence – Car owner and willingness to use for work.
- Suitable to work with students and with the ability to form good relationships with 16-19 year old students.
- Ability to assess and mark students work against set criteria.
- A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel regularly and independently throughout the region.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Experience of being a personal/form tutor.
- Teaching experience.
- Innovative and flexible approach to supporting students and pupils.
- Experience of Health and Safety and/or Welfare and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
To apply for this role please email a CV with a covering letter by 5.00pm on Wednesday 26th August 2015 to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview on Friday 28th August 2015.
In your covering letter you should draw on all relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and/or voluntary work and training to show how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job, which are set out on the above job description.
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.