Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 November 2023 Venue Wham Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League Trophy

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT: Stanley 1 Nottingham Forest Under-21s 2

Stanley finish top but lose final group game in Bristol Street Motors Trophy

21 November 2023

Accrington Stanley finished top of Group C despite losing 2-1 to Nottingham Forest Under 21s in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy.

It means the Reds will have a home draw in the knock-out stages but John Coleman will be frustrated they lost their first group game of this year’s campaign with Jack Nolan, on his 50th appearance for the Reds, having an added time penalty saved.

Stanley still came out on top on goal difference from Forest who also go through to Friday's draw.

There were numerous changes for the Reds with only Nolan, Lewis Shipley, Ben Woods and Cody Adedoyin starting from the 2-0 win over Wrexham.

Stanley dominated the early stages with Nolan’s fierce strike forcing a strong save from goalkeeper Aaron Bott while Adedoyin dragged an effort wide,

However it was Forest who took the lead on 18 minutes with their first real attack when Jack Thompson got the ball 22 yards out and rifled it into the roof of the net.

Adedoyin fired another strike over the bar and Nolan had another shot saved by Bott.

The young Forest side scored a second on 39 minutes when Ateef Konate sent Julian Larsson clean through and he slotted the ball past Jack McIntyre.

Stanley continued to press but didn’t create clear cut chances and it was McIntyre next in action, denying Konate in added time in the first half.

Bailey Sloane and Alex Henderson came on in the second half but Forest had the first chance, goalscorer Thompson driving an effort just wide.

Stanley continued to dominate possession, pressing around the Forest box and had a number of shots blocked before they got one back on 58 minutes.

Nolan’s cross was met with a thumping header by Adedoyin in the six-yard box.

Adedoyin had a long-range strike saved by Bott while Ben Woods fired wide as they looked for an equaliser.

Owen Devonport came on on 66 minutes for his Stanley debut while Leslie Adekoya also got some first team action, entering the fray on 77 minutes.

The Reds continued to look for the leveller with Henderson heading narrowly wide.

They were awarded a penalty in the first minute of added time for a foul on Adekoya but Nolan's spot kick was saved by Bott.

There was more misery for the Reds when Nolan hobbled off injured in the 95th minute.


Stanley: McIntyre, O’Brien, Pickles, Gubbins, Shipley (Sloane), Nolan (Hills), B Woods (Devonport), Martin (Henderson), Patrick, J Woods, Adedoyin (Adekoya)

Subs: Riva, Fernandes

Yellow: B Woods, Adedoyin, Devonport


Attendance: 687 (90 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account