Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
14 November 2023 Venue Wham Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT: Stanley 1 Doncaster Rovers 2

Pritchard scores early but Reds lose out in extra-time

14 November 2023

Accrington Stanley exited the Emirates FA Cup in extra-time as Doncaster won the First Round replay.

Stanley led early on through Joe Pritchard but fellow League Two side Rovers equalised after the break before scoring the winner in the 101st minute to secure a place in Second Round.

Joe Gubbins came in for the suspended Brad Hills in the only change from the 3-1 League Two loss at Crawley.

Stanley opened the scoring on seven minutes when a low cross from Cody Adedoyin was back-heeled over the line by Pritchard.

Pritchard chipped a ball narrowly off-target on 22 minutes as Stanley were dominant, winning a number of corners and piling the pressure on the Rovers backline with Jack Nolan not far off with a 25-yard strike on 27 minutes.

It was then agony for Pritchard who had to come off injured on 33 minutes, replaced by Matt Lowe who went up front.

Nolan almost grabbed a second on 37 minutes with a 20-yard free kick but Rovers keeper Louis Jones produced a brilliant save to push his strike over the bar.

At the other end, Jon McCracken dived low to keep out an Owen Bailey header on 40 minutes – Doncaster’s first effort on target.

The visitors started the second half strongly without testing McCracken early on and Stanley had to rejig their backline when Rosaire Longelo hobbled off on 52 minutes, replaced by Lewis Shipley.

Doncaster kept pressing and Luke Molyneux’s cross was cleared off the line by Kelvin Mellor.

They equalised on 67 minutes when Tom Nixon’s cross from the left was stroked home by Zain Westbrooke.

Nixon’s cross soon after fizzed across the face of goal as Doncaster looked for a second immediately.

Josh Woods and Dan Martin came on for Stanley on 79 minutes and Woods had a chance three minutes later as he raced into the area but his low shot was collected by Jones.

Stanley then had a let off when Molyneux lashed a strike against the post in the 86th minute and, soon after, George Broadbent’s fierce strike was blocked on the line by Jay Rich-Baghuelou as it finished all-square after 90 minutes.

In the first half of extra-time Broadbent was denied by McCracken before Doncaster took the lead on 101 minutes.

Broadbent found Joe Ironside in the area and fired home from around eight yards as Stanley couldn't find a way back.


Stanley: McCracken, Mellor, Rich-Baghuelou, Gubbins, Longelo (Shipley), Whalley (J Woods), Conneely (B Woods), Pritchard (Lowe), Leigh, Nolan, Adedoyin (Martin)

Subs: McIntyre, B Pickles, Adekoya, Devonport


Yellow: Gubbins, Conneely, J Woods

Crowd: 1136 (232 from DR)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account