Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
09 December 2023 Venue Wham Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT: Stanley 0 Doncaster Rovers 0

Reds remain outside Play-Offs after a goalless encounter at a rainswept Wham Stadium

9 December 2023

Accrington Stanley couldn’t break the deadlock against Doncaster Rovers as the game finished all-square at a rainswept Wham Stadium.

The Reds created double figure chances as they looked to move back into the Play-Off places but couldn’t take one while they had an escape at the end when Rovers hit the woodwork.

QPR loan keeper Joe Walsh made his Stanley debut with Jay Rich-Baghuelou and Cody Adedoyin both injured.

Doncaster had an early chance with George Broadbent’s ball in finding Tom Nixon at the far post but he could only guide his close range effort wide.

Tommy Rowe headed over for the visitors while the bounce from a goal kick from Louis Jones almost caught out debutant keeper Walsh but it was off-target.

Stanley enjoyed their best spell around 25 minutes with Rosaire Longelo and Lewis Shipley both playing dangerous balls into the box but they couldn’t test keeper Jones.

The Reds’ best chance came on 36 minutes when Brad Hills sent Josh Andrews through but his shot was parried away by Jones.

Birmingham loan striker Andrews fell awkwardly as he made that chance and struggled to the end of the half but was replaced by Josh Woods for the second half.

Whalley’s first time strike was just wide after the break while Josh Woods had a close range shot blocked.

The Reds suffered a further blow when Tommy Leigh hobbled off on 52 minutes, replaced by Jack Nolan.

Stanley continued to press and Doncaster survived a number of goalmouth scrambles.

Ben Woods fired a free kick over the bar and Matt Lowe’s dangerous cross was pushed out by Jones.

However the Reds had a lucky escape on 86 minutes when a header from substitute Harrison Biggins bounced off the crossbar.

With five minutes of added time, both sides shared the spoils.



Stanley: Walsh, Shipley, Hills, Gubbins, Lowe, Whalley, B Woods, Conneely, Longelo, Leigh (Nolan), Andrews (J Woods)

Subs: McIntyre, Martin, Pickles, Trickett, O’Brien

Yellow: Shipley, Conneely

Crowd: 2501 (481 from DRFC)




Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account