Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
26 September 2020 Venue Wham Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

MATCH REPORT: Stanley 1 Oxford United 4

Cassidy scores first league goal but Charles sees red

26 September 2020

Stanley suffered a 4-1 loss to Oxford United as they ended the game with ten-men.

Watford loan striker Ryan Cassidy scored his first league goal, slotting home a penalty to make it 1-1, but Dion Charles saw red on 75 minutes in a frustrating afternoon for the Reds.

Stanley were without loan signings Tariq Uwakwe and Mo Sangare through injury and John Coleman had to shuffle his pack with Tom Allan and Harvey Rodgers coming into the starting XI.

It was a lively opening with Joe Pritchard and James Henry both firing over for their opposing sides.

Oxford enjoyed a spell of pressure and almost took the lead in the 23rd minute when a well-worked corner ended with Dan Agyei crashing a header against the bar. Moments later Pritchard cleared a Rob Atkinson strike off the line.

Stanley came back at them with Cameron Burgess heading narrowly over while, as Oxford continued to be a threat, Matty Taylor was put through clean through and he tried to chip Toby Savin but the keeper collected the ball.

United took the lead on 45 minutes when Agyei fired in a low cross and James Henry was there at the far post to force the ball home from six yards out.

Coleman made a double substitution at half-time with Seamus Conneely and Colby Bishop on for Stephen Sama and Allan.

And Ross Sykes immediately forced a strong save out of Eastwood as the Reds came out with purpose.

However Oxford still created chances and Henry’s blast took a deflection and Savin got a touch to to push it out.

Stanley were on the hunt though and, on 69 minutes, Eastwood was backpeddling as he tipped Bishop’s looping header over the bar from a Pritchard corner.

The Reds were awarded a penalty on 70 minutes when Eastwood came out to punch a high ball and caught Rodgers.

Watford loan striker Cassidy kept his cool for two minutes and slotted home the penalty for his first league goal.

However, Oxford went straight down the other end and Joel Cooper’s ball into the box was cleared by Mark Hughes but it hit the back of Pritchard and bounced into the net.

In an action packed few minutes, the Reds went straight down the other end and it resulted in a goalmouth scramble almost on the goalline with Eastwood collecting the ball.

However, as the players were bundled together, referee Ross Joyce consulted his assistant and showed a straight red to Charles on 75 minutes.

Matty Taylor then scored two late goals for Oxford, in the 85th and 87th minute, to give the scoreline a flattering look for the visitors.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account